- Why is it that we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
- Why is it that freight packages sent on trucks are called shipments and freight packages sent on ships are called cargo?
- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
- Why is the man who invests all of your money called a broker?
- When the stars are out they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.
- Who tastes dog food when it says ‘new & improved’ flavor on the label?
- If lawyers can be disbarred and clergymen can be defrocked, doesn’t it make sense that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked and dry cleaners depressed?
- Why is it that if someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe you will believe them, but if they tell you that the bench has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?
- If people from Poland are called “Poles,” why aren’t people from Holland called “Holes?”
- The shortest sentence in the English language is reportedly, “I am” . So isn’t it possible that “I Do” might be considered the longest sentence?
- When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
Here are a few things to ponder that I came across recently
Laughter is Good Medicine.