The Society of Women Engineers Scholarship (SWE) Scholarship Program has a
scholarship program to honor high school females who have shown
commendable ability in areas such as leadership, academics, and community
activities, and who intends to pursue a college degree in engineering.
SWE Southeast Florida will annually award $500 and SWE Collegiate
Membership to one outstanding high school senior female student who
intends to pursue a college degree in engineering.
• Must be a female in their senior year of high school in Florida and
enrolling at a university or college for fall term 2012.
• Must pursue an engineering degree at a university or college with an
ABET accredited engineering program (list of accredited programs
• Must submit entire application postmarked by the stated deadline.
Applications postmarked or sent after April 30, 2012 will not be
• Must include transcripts with application. Applications without
transcripts will not be considered.
• List of awards/honors
• List of activities and leadership positions
• Must include academic information completed by high school
counselor. Applications without a counselor signature will not be
Page one of the application indicates the weighting of the criteria.
Please note the essay counts for 50%.
Award: $500, SWE Collegiate Membership
Deadline: April 30, 2012
Students should review the application for complete details and submission
instructions. While there is a website for this section of the SWE
organization, there is no scholarship information posted:
For additional information contact:
Marisa Lopez, SWE Southeast Florida Scholarship Chair FY12,